Imagine celebrating Christmas and New Years in glorious weather and across the road from on of the best beaches in the world. Suntower hosts families every Christmas looking for budget family friendly Gold Coast accommodation. In addition our one and two bedroom apartments sit right on the Surfers Paradise foreshore. You can go for a Christmas swim on the beach and walk back in your bathers to eat a Christmas dinner. Another experience that can’t be beaten is waking up on the last day of the year and being able to roll out of bed and onto the beach.
Furthermore what about spending New Years Eve sitting in a restaurant with beach views and sipping on cocktails? The kids can enjoy there lemonade and be enthralled by all the roving entertainers. You can sut back, relax and take in the great vibe. Finally, the amazing fireworks crackling and exploding over the waves of the famous Surfers Paradise beach is a sight to behold. And if you haven’t dozed on the Surfers Paradise beach during New Years day, then you are missing out on a once in a lifetime nap!
Budget Family Accommodation on the Gold Coast
Suntower offers the best affordable accommodation on the Gold Coast and in Surfers Paradise. Also our one and two bedroom apartments means we can cater for couple and families. Just because our accommodation prices are budget doesn’t mean our standard is lower. Our rooms are neat and tidy with convenient facilities on offer. And one of our most popular features is our Swimming pool (especially with the kids!). In fact we have many repeat customers that come back every year, simply because they couldn’t find a better deal! Contact us today for our last minute accommodation deals over Christmas.
Christmas in Surfers Paradise – Free Activities and Events
Surfers Paradise doesn’t shut down over the Christmas period. Just the opposite in fact. There are family friendly events, late night shopping, all day dining and Christmas markets. Take a read of the following 5 examples of free Christmas activities and events in Surfers Paradise. Furthermore, because Suntower is situated in Surfers Paradise and straight across the road from the beach. As a result it means all of these examples are a mere stroll from your accommodation.
Christmas Nights on Cavill Ave
1. The balmy Christmas evenings provide the perfect weather to stroll along Cavill Ave and view the Christmas displays. The famous Surfers Paradise sign is bathed in Christmas lights and looks amazing with the beach waves in the background. Talk a walk down Cavill Ave and enjoy a late night beverage whilst the kids grab an ice-cream. The perfect end to a Christmas Summer day on the Gold Coast
Christmas Days on Cavill Ave
2. It isn’t just night time in Cavill Ave that provides endless Christmas entertainment. The daytime is just as magical. You can roam the mall straight from the beach in your boardies or beach outfit and enjoy the roving Christmas entertainment. Grab some lunch at any of the great cafe’s or burger joints. Every cuisine is catered for with Japanese, Indian, Chinese and Dutch pancakes to name just a few.
3. Take a photo with Santa in his surf-boat sleigh, pulled by kangaroos, in the heart of Cavill Mall. The photos are usually free and Santa makes a daily appearance in the two weeks leading up to the big day.
4. On Christmas day this park is a great place to hold a Christmas picnic. Or a new years day evening picnic. Evandale park is located in the centre of city, therefore easy to travel there. Here you will find a swimming lagoon, kids playground, barbecues and tables and shade seating. Meaning you can spend a whole sunny day relaxing. The views of Nerang river are stunning and the skyline of Surfers Paradise is your backdrop. For convenience there are toilets and even showers to refresh in after swimming. Another bonus is the playground being fully fenced.
Christmas and New Year Markets
5. Christmas markets are held on the foreshore in Surfers Paradise, offering a great opportunity for picking up unique and inexpensive gifts. In fact you don’t need to spend a penny to enjoy the Christmas market. Just taking a lazy stroll through the market lets you experience the joyful atmosphere and there are always taste tests along the way!
Free Gold Coast Events
Carols On the Beach
Each year Carols on the beach is held under the stars on Surfers Paradise. Grab a picnic blanket and take a seat on the foreshore to enjoy the Christmas carols. The show always has an impressive line up of talent and features a magical firework display to end the event. The skies above Surfers Paradise light up with beautiful fireworks to spread the Christmas cheer and you won’t be disappointed.
Another bonus is the event is family friendly and only a short walking distance from Suntower. Its also a free event, meaning you again keep money in your pocket. In addition to saving cash by choosing accommodation with us at Suntower. Where we provide you with great quality, budget family accommodation. And Carols on the beach giving you a free and fantastic Christmas event for the whole family. Enjoy carols on the beach and sand between your toes, bathed under a warm, starry Gold Coast night.
New Years Carnival
Every year Surfers Paradise puts on a family friendly New Year carnival. On New Years eve you can see one of the biggest firework displays in Queensland. And each year, many families stay at Suntower to enjoy the carnival. Especially relevant to families is the carnivals family friendly atmosphere and huge crowd to celebrate amongst. Countdown to the New Year in one of the most beautiful places on earth. The Gold Coast offers a picturesque start to the new year and you won’t find a better family friendly party anywhere.
There are daily activities and events leading up to New Years Eve. And on the day you have two sets of fireworks. The first at young kid friendly time of around 8pm, and then a second display as the clock counts down to midnight. Bring in the new year in one of Australia’s most iconic locations and start the new year off with the best possible party.
Contact Suntower now to avoid missing out!
- Book now to avoid disappointment
- Affordable Gold Coast accommodation for Christmas and New Years
- One and two bedroom apartments
- Beachfront position
- Located in the heart of Surfers Paradise
- Family friendly accommodation
- Swimming pool
- Fully equipped apartments including kitchen
- 2 minute walk to world famous Surfers Paradise beach
- Free family events and activities in Surfers Paradise over Christmas and New Year